Friday, December 25, 2009

It's official: Schumacher returns to Formula 1


The German driver Michael Schumacher will race in Formula One in 2010, three years after he retired, after announcing its incorporation by the Mercedes Grand Prix team.

Vice President of Motorsports Mercedes' Norbert Haug confirmed the news after stating that the contract was signed yesterday.

On 11 August, Schumacher took the decision not to ride in the Ferrari cockpit due to injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident in what was on his way to becoming the year's return.

The seven-times world champion Michael Schumacher, then confirmed he would not return to the cockpit. "I tried absolutely everything in my power to make possible my temporary return.

However, much to my regret, will not be possible, "he wrote at the time the pilot of 40 years on its website.

Now the German, who will turn on 3 enero 41, has contested 248 Grands Prix, won 91 victories, 154 podiums and 68 pole positions from 1991 to 2006 in Jordan, Benetton and Ferrari, has announced its return to competition.

The 'Kaiser' stated that his return to Formula One is "a new challenge." "It'sa new chapter in my career and I look forward to working again with my old friend Ross Brawn and my colleagues in the Mercedes Junior Program," he said.

"I am convinced that together we will be fighting for the World Cup next year and am looking forward to the race track. For me, this agreement completes the circle. Mercedes supported me many years when I started my career in Formula One and now expected to return something, "he said.

No comments: