Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Summer For British Sport

This summer guaranteed so much for lovers of English Sport but as always all the hype led straight to some awfully below par performances and results. In this article, I am going to be writing about this sporting occassion as well as taking a look at the Wimbledon tennis championships and the fresh global cricket one-day series with Sri Lanka. I was extremely worked up about this summers sporting activities concerning our Brit sporting stars. I actually assumed that Britain might have won the world cup and still think that they should have.

Our team has much more talent in it than the resulting winners Italy, but had a clumsy coach who could have been giggling all of the way to the bank, earning the mad amounts that he did. Yes Wayne Rooney was dumb but how irritated must he have been after being left to play up front on his very own, this is a position which isn't natural to him and is a massive waste of his abilities. Other players in the team such as Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard looked shadows of their previous selves and must've been fully bemused at the methods employed. It's not that I am truly that enthused at the future prospects under Sven's understudy Steve McLaren. I believe we require someone who's going to make some significant choices like playing the youth when needed and dropping players like Ferdinand when they're not performing. I need to admit that I didn't actually hold out any chance for any of our players although it was the way in which they lost that upset me the most.

In the newest one-day cricket global series against Sri Lanka, Britain lost all 5 matches. Maybe they're saving themselves for the ashes tour of Australia, if they win over there I'm going to let them off I suspect. It truly has been a summer which guaranteed so much but one which I will be able to now happily forget. Lets think positive, things can only get better!

No comments: